Thursday, July 23, 2009

Cabers Tossed and Haggis Squashed...

...While Kilts abound when ladies sound!

Alright, so not all of that makes sense, but it rhymes, so deal with it. Man it's been a long time since I dabbled in the realm of poetry and prose. I'll have to get back to writing some fictional stories when I set my feet down in one place for a while. Flex my mental muscles once again, becoming a titan of gray-matter and all the airy-space in between! Ahem.

Right then, as you may have guessed, I'm in Scotland, specifically in Edinburgh at the moment. I'll be leaving to go on a tour tomorrow morning around the isle of Skye, so I'll definitely have some better pictures and all that for you by the end of the three days. Then, I have to decide whether to suffer, or to head home and get some treatment. But that will be touched on later if the need should arise. As alluded to before, there are kilts everywhere. Not as many worn by the men, but just the sheer number of shops is astonishing to say the least. I counted over 12 on one road alone. And the prices, Christ, I know you only buy one in your lifetime, but it's a damn good thing you only do that once. The shirt, kilt, and tie combo starts at about £500 and goes up from there. I did see some rather interesting endeavors called Utilikilts, or kilts for everyday wear. http://www.utilikilts.com/ That would be an interesting way to walk off the plane in Deer Lake when I get home again.

But I gotta jet at the moment, as time is running out and I have no more money for extra time this time around. Lots of time in that sentence though. :P

Catcha later bloggers,

Neal

No comments:

Post a Comment